Our Partners have spoken before entrepreneurs, investors, and executives to rave reviews. Following are videos and slides from some recent keynotes.
Presentations to Entrepreneurs and Executives
Our Partners have presented to some of the leading accelerators (Founder Institute, ER Accelerator); entrepreneur TV series (This Week in Venture Capital); corporations (Franklin Templeton, major investment banks); and senior executive resource groups (CEO Trust, Vistage).
- The Current Super Cycle (Video)
The opportunities for entrepreneurs are both more exciting and more accessible than ever before.
- Current Trends in Venture Capital (Video)
The state of the venture capital world and tech industry ... and their futures.
- Online Dating is the Future of Business (Video)
Online dating is now a mainstream method for singles to meet one another. Entrepreneurs, investors, and other businesspeople can learn a lot from the diverse and well-developed business models in the online dating sector.
- Shaking the Money Tree: Social Media and Other Innovative Tools for Raising Capital (Video)
How to target potential investors in online networks. Institutional investor bloggers. Internet due diligence. Create stealth buzz online: Market without marketing.
- The Next Great Entrepreneurial Opportunity: How to Identify Market White Space (Video)
How to identify new business opportunities and research your market while spending as little money as humanly possible.
- How Executives Can Work with Private Equity and Venture Capital Portfolio Companies
Focus on how you can win board memberships or full-time executive roles with the portfolio companies of private equity and venture capital firms. Learn how to earn significant extra income as a member of an expert network, without distracting from your current job. Discusses how institutional investors typically engage with outside executives: through executive recruiters, expert networks, senior advisor networks, research firms, etc.
- Financial Modeling for Entrepreneurs
Discusses best practices in building financial models, a template financial model, and valuing startup employee options.
- Hiring and Firing for Entrepreneurs
Recruiting great people. Hire the best, pay the best.
- Earning Revenue: Internet Business Models
Discusses business models for technology startups.
- The Virtual Handshake: Opening Doors and Winning New Clients Online
Social media is not just a tool for socializing; it is an exceptionally powerful set of tools for growing your sales.
- Web 3.0: What's Next Online?
Discusses the semantic web, 3-D Web, web-enabled space, and other trends coming faster than most people realize.
- Where are the Disruptive Asset Management Companies?
The most attractive industries to disrupt are highly profitable ones, and asset management is traditionally a highly profitable industry. Our Partners believe there is significant room to disrupt this industry.
- How to Manage Your Board Meetings
How to prepare for and manage your investors via your board meetings.
- Introduction to Angel Investing
Why to be an angel, what it takes, and what ffVC is already doing in the space.
- How to Write Memos and Presentations that Bang
How to prepare memos and presentations that people will respect and heed.
- Parenting and Entrepreneurs
How to raise entrepreneurial kids.
- Overview of ffVC (Video)
An overview of ffVC from the Capital on Stage Conference.
Presentations to MBAs and Other Students
Our Partners have presented to most of the Ivy League and other leading schools, including Columbia Business School, Georgetown, UCB Haas, National University of Singapore, New York University, Technion Israel Institute of Technology MBA Program, Wharton School, and Yale School of Management.
- Hack your Education: How to Squeeze Maximum Value from College or Graduate School (Video)
Covers career planning, time optimization, and selective short-term learning programs and scholarships. Based on interviews with over 50 Harvard MBAs.
- How to Write a Business School Application (or Resume)
Based on experience with dozens of applicants (including many past interns) to the top business schools.
Presentations to Venture Capitalists, Private Equity Funds, and Investment Bankers
Our Partners have presented privately to numerous leading private equity funds, as well as participants in the Kauffman Fellows program, and to such conferences as the Association for Corporate Growth Intergrowth, Alliance of Merger & Acquisition Advisors, and Singapore Venture Capital & Private Equity Association.
- Where Are the Deals?!: Best Practices of Venture Capital Funds in Originating Investment Opportunities (Video)
How to become a magnet for potential investments; use social media technologies; and search for companies with motivated sellers. Based on the first-ever research study on deal origination best practices, published in Harvard Business Review, the Journal of Private Equity, and Institutional Investor.
- Beyond the Money: Best Practices of Venture Capitalists in Helping Early-Stage Companies Create Value
Discusses use of mentor networks, preferred provider resources, shared services, and other tools VCs use to aid portfolio companies. Based on the first-ever research study on this topic, soon to be published in leading investment journals.
- Straight from the Horse's Mouth: How to Elicit Maximum Information in Minimum Time from Management and Industry Sources for Due Diligence
What questions should you ask? What are the killer phrases NOT to say? Based on the best practices of intelligence professionals, psychologists, and journalists in gathering information.
- It's the People: Improving Venture Capital Portfolio Company Valuations by Working with Operating Executives
How to build a pool of senior executive talent around your investment fund, whom you can tap as board members, interim executives, full-time executives, and deal sources.
- Private Equity Funds’ Use of Social Media
How private equity funds can and should use social media for raising capital, sourcing, negotiating, and exiting their investment.
- Judge Investment Pitch Contests
We periodically serve as a judges at pitch events for companies raising funding. Here’s a guide David Teten put together on how to serve as a judge at investment pitch events.