- I liked a @YouTube video http://t.co/R81zquLTbA David Teten (ff Venture Capital) at Startup Grind New York City
- I sold my chametz for Passover via @Chabad. You can too at http://t.co/uKqb1J74fH. Happy Passover! http://t.co/uICtGoODgM via @Chabad
- Planning my trip to Los Angeles- staying at Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel and Spa. Here's a room discount on me: http://t.co/ywQyfb6Wv2
- RT @MI_CFM: Gain insight from our "Disruptive FinTech" panel @ddougatkin @ArjunaCosta @davemcclure @dteten http://t.co/nRhJR47oWa #2014GC
- If You're A Woman With A Startup, These Investors Are Most Likely To Give You Millions http://t.co/CyuabFNmxH via @sharethis
- Congratulations to @katiefrankel @ffvc ! 30 AND UNDER: Top 21 Rising Stars In NY Tech http://t.co/GDbVOxE59x via @sai
- Hack Your Summer http://t.co/aKwWgwqqZO from @dpatil @techcrunch ; more ideas at http://t.co/fU0kyA55Mj
- Lean Startup Challenge with cash prize: http://t.co/BMWqOYg8up
- Here's a summary of my @startupgrind talk (and video of a vertical pushup without assist): http://t.co/kxga0rrjuv via @alleywatch @ffvc
- ERA Summer 2014 application deadline is April 10th! http://t.co/rMCAwXIFzb @eroundtable
David is a Partner with ffVC and Founder and Chairman of Harvard Business School Alumni Angels of Greater New York, the second largest angel network in New York. He serves on the board of Whisk and formerly served on the board of Ionic Security. He has advised in the past Goldman Sachs Special Situations Group, Icahn Enterprises, LLR Partners ($1.4b fund), and Birch Hill Equity Partners (C$2B fund).
He was formerly Founder and Chairman of Navon Partners, a data and analytics company focused on analyzing private companies for investment; Acting CEO of Vertical Key (Attendees.com), a web-based software service for managing large-scale events; Managing Director with Evalueserve, a 2,500-person global research and analytics company; and Founder and CEO of Circle of Experts, an investment research firm acquired by Evalueserve. David was formerly Founder and CEO of GoldNames, an Israel-based investment bank focusing on the internet domain name asset class. He worked with Bear Stearns' Investment Banking division in their technology/defense mergers and acquisitions team, and was a strategy consultant with Mars & Co. David holds a Harvard MBA and a Yale BA, both with honors. While still in college, he built a technology consulting firm with 35 clients.
David led the first-ever study of best practices of venture capital and private equity funds in originating new investments and the first-ever study of how VCs add value to portfolio companies. He has published in Harvard Business Review, Institutional Investor, the Journal of Private Equity, TechCrunch, PandoDaily, and many other publications, and is the lead author of The Virtual Handshake: Opening Doors and Closing Deals Online.
David is a frequent keynote speaker to audiences such as technology entrepreneurs (MIT CIO Symposium; NY Software Industry Association; Software Information Industry Association); institutional investors (Kauffman Fellows; Franklin Templeton; Association for Corporate Growth); and senior executives (Vistage; CEO Trust). He has received the highest ratings of any speaker at three different conferences. He is a Mentor with Dreamit Ventures, Entrepreneurs Roundtable Accelerator, Founder Institute (New York and Singapore), Lean Startup Machine, and the Startup Leadership Program.
David writes regularly on his blog. He grew up in Marin County, Northern California, and learned to program on an Atari 800. He trains in parkour, a sport which takes "crossing the chasm" literally.