- New Delicious tag: Power Up Your Team with Nonviolent Communication Principles communications http://t.co/5k3EvGn2Wk
- New Delicious tag: The Transparency Trap - Atlantic Mobile policy http://t.co/UTI0JLseln
- RT @eatsmart_RD: Kindergarten just started and my child has received candy twice and a poptart as a snack. Stop Feeding My Kids Sugar http:…
- New blog: The Real Reasons Adults Love To Give Kids Sugar http://t.co/9FBkwn7N4m
- /Rant : The Real Reasons Adults Love To Give Kids Sugar. http://t.co/uazxYPggiq
- RT @RMNutrition: "Why are people incessantly feeding my kids sugar?" Terrific look at how & why kids are being bombarded with sugar @parent…
- RT @BuzzFeedAndrew: The St. Louis Post-Dispatch front page sort of reminded me of the RoboCop shoot out: http://t.co/nQfnD0ZUbl
- ff Venture Capital adds two new partners via @FortuneMagazine http://t.co/JYJkNxiI2n
- RT @christianbusch: Looking forward to #TEP2014 on September 2nd in NYC: bringing together #BERLIN and #NYC startups: http://t.co/PSlhZJl6J…
- New Delicious tag: The Expert Networks expert networks http://t.co/JJI4iriT3E
David is a Partner with ffVC. He serves on the board of Whisk and formerly served on the board of Ionic Security. He has advised in the past Goldman Sachs Special Situations Group, Icahn Enterprises, LLR Partners ($1.4b fund), and Birch Hill Equity Partners (C$2B fund). He is Founder and Chairman Emeritus of Harvard Business School Alumni Angels of Greater New York, the second largest angel network in New York
He was formerly Founder and Chairman of Navon Partners, a data and analytics company focused on analyzing private companies for investment; Acting CEO of Vertical Key (Attendees.com), a web-based software service for managing large-scale events; Managing Director with Evalueserve, a 2,500-person global research and analytics company; and Founder and CEO of Circle of Experts, an investment research firm acquired by Evalueserve. David was formerly Founder and CEO of GoldNames, an Israel-based investment bank focusing on the internet domain name asset class. He worked with Bear Stearns' Investment Banking division in their technology/defense mergers and acquisitions team, and was a strategy consultant with Mars & Co. David holds a Harvard MBA and a Yale BA, both with honors. While still in college, he built a technology consulting firm with 35 clients.
David led the first-ever study of best practices of venture capital and private equity funds in originating new investments and the first-ever study of how VCs add value to portfolio companies. He has published in Harvard Business Review, Institutional Investor, the Journal of Private Equity, TechCrunch, PandoDaily, and many other publications, and is the lead author of The Virtual Handshake: Opening Doors and Closing Deals Online.
David is a frequent keynote speaker to audiences such as technology entrepreneurs (MIT CIO Symposium; NY Software Industry Association; Software Information Industry Association); institutional investors (Kauffman Fellows; Franklin Templeton; Association for Corporate Growth); and senior executives (Vistage; CEO Trust). He has received the highest ratings of any speaker at three different conferences. He is a Mentor with Dreamit Ventures, Entrepreneurs Roundtable Accelerator, Founder Institute (New York and Singapore), Lean Startup Machine, and the Startup Leadership Program.
David writes regularly on his blog. He grew up in Marin County, Northern California, and learned to program on an Atari 800. He trains in parkour, a sport which takes "crossing the chasm" literally.