- Eating healthy at #SXSW: http://t.co/pqGQjLuUfm from #QBlog @Equinox . more info at http://t.co/eYu5mh7qZW
- @davidsrose I hope you can join us at http://t.co/hmbl1Dn4z0 ! Just show up.
- _ saw @Hugh_W_Forrest speak this morning. Economic contribution of #sxsw to Austin =1/2 Super Bowl. Impressive!
- I created a @wayfinder pathway, showing ways to meet #SXSW folks while working out: http://t.co/XYHbCgKFhv . Source: http://t.co/qcloxzKd4U
- Quick & nutritious juices for the #SXSW weekend. Check out @DailyJuice & @JuiceLandAustin at #SXSW ; more ideas at http://t.co/HMP3tby4yk
- Looking for healthy food options at #SXSW? @beetscafe @BlendersBowls @ExtremePitaHQ all look good. More here: http://t.co/HMP3tby4yk
- @wmaiouiru @travelmacho I dont understand "(twitter http://t.co/H2tIhGFNjX not found.)"
- @wmaiouiru @travelmacho see the @ffvc team at #ffmassive RSVP: http://t.co/hmbl1Dn4z0
- Check more info on the @ffVC Enterprise Pavilion at #ffMassive https://t.co/f3iMzRfhYh #SXSW #startups
- Reaction Housing raises $1.5m from @ffVC /others for cheap, reusable disaster relief shelters http://t.co/gYVZ20v9FU via @FortuneMagazine
David is a Partner with ffVC and Founder and Chairman of Harvard Business School Alumni Angels of Greater New York, the second largest angel network in New York. He formerly served on the board of Ionic Security and now serves on the board of Whisk. He led the first-ever study of best practices of venture capital and private equity funds in originating new deals and the first-ever study of how VCs add value to portfolio companies.
He has published in Harvard Business Review, Institutional Investor, the Journal of Private Equity, and many other publications, and is the lead author of The Virtual Handshake: Opening Doors and Closing Deals Online.
David is a frequent keynote speaker to audiences such as technology entrepreneurs (MIT CIO Symposium; NY Software Industry Association; Software Information Industry Association); institutional investors (Kauffman Fellows; Franklin Templeton; Association for Corporate Growth); and senior executives (Vistage; CEO Trust). He has received the highest ratings of any speaker at three different conferences. He is a Mentor with Dreamit Ventures, Entrepreneurs Roundtable Accelerator, Founder Institute (New York and Singapore), Lean Startup Machine, and the Startup Leadership Program.
He was formerly Founder and Chairman of Navon Partners, a data and analytics company focused on analyzing private companies; Acting CEO of Vertical Key (Attendees.com), a web-based software service for managing large-scale events; Managing Director with Evalueserve, a 2,500-person global research and analytics company; and Founder and CEO of Circle of Experts, an investment research firm acquired by Evalueserve. David was formerly Founder and CEO of GoldNames, an Israel-based investment bank focusing on the internet domain name asset class. He worked with Bear Stearns' Investment Banking division in their technology/defense mergers and acquisitions team, and was a strategy consultant with Mars & Co. David holds a Harvard MBA and a Yale BA, both with honors. While still in college, he built a technology consulting firm with 35 clients.
David writes regularly on his blog and contributes periodically to Forbes, TechCrunch, pandodaily, and elsewhere. David grew up in Marin County, Northern California, and learned to program on an Atari 800. He trains in parkour, a sport which takes crossing the chasm literally.