- Photo Volando by Helios Van De Kamp #500px http://t.co/yX0dtnMHHP
- #ffmassive bot blocking by @DISTIL http://t.co/dCkrECFyjB
- RT @CFGuests: Great having @john_frankel here @CapitalFactory this morning! http://t.co/9bD3nkfMUw
- Like at #ffmassive party longer than Snoop's http://t.co/Hr4IH1HmOE
- RT @shustry: BREAKING: Crimea TV reporting that Russians have begun storming Ukraine air-force base on the peninsula, ramming the gates wit…
- Great @Livefyre and @Twitter collaboration at the Oscars to connect fans and celebrities [Video] http://t.co/5xukPKxv6w
- Netanyahu to cap California tour with museum visit - http://t.co/3xwhAcr7Vl
- @AdamGhetti u here?
- RT @SnowsNotes: Amazing graphic - USA to be the only large country in 2050 that is not currently “emerging market” http://t.co/wrstvj0eTR
- RT @AppyCouple: A rustic wedding for the burlap lovers, via @GlamandGraceWed: http://t.co/GA3LPBeEB6
John Frankel is the founding partner of ff Venture Capital, an early-stage venture capital firm with offices in New York and New Jersey, and has been an early-stage investor since late 1999. John was one of the earliest investors in Quigo Technologies, which was purchased by AOL in December 2007, and in Cornerstone OnDemand (CSOD on NASDAQ), which had a successful IPO in March 2011. John currently serves on the boards of 500px, Appy Couple, Bottlenose, CardFlight, Centzy, ClearPath Immigration, Distil Networks, Estify, Headliner, Gobbler, InteraXon, Moveline, Phone.com, Tackk, VolunteerSpot, and Voxy.
Prior to founding ffVC in 2008, John worked at Goldman Sachs for 21 years in a variety of roles that involved technology development, reengineering, and capital markets. In particular, he established Goldman’s Cayman offshore administration business, their London global custody business, and reengineered their global prime brokerage business. In capital markets, he worked closely with some of the world’s leading hedge funds, and developed a keen understanding of portfolio risk/return management. He started his business career in London with Arthur Anderson in the audit and insolvency divisions. John earned a Master of Arts from New College, Oxford where he studied Mathematics, Philosophy and Logic, and is a Fellow Chartered Accountant of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales.
John is a frequent keynote speaker and has appeared in leading publications such as BBC, Bloomberg BusinessWeek, Business Insider, CNBC, GigaOM, The San Francisco Chronicle, TechCrunch, USA Today, The Wall Street Journal and Xconomy.